Information Assurance Engineer Job
Date: Jul 6, 2014
Location: Chantilly, VA, US
SRC has been named to numerous state and national “Best Company to Work For” lists - want to know why? We are committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. We give you the freedom and the resources to solve "impossible" problems in a highly innovative and collaborative work environment - all while helping keep America safe and strong.
SRC is seeking information assurance engineers/analysts for future business opportunities in the DC Metro area. This opportunity is not for a funded position at this time, but we here at SRC are always on the hunt for great talent with a drive for success.
Do you thrive in an organization focused on solving complex problems using intelligence, instinct and drive? Do you dream of working in an environment where you’re encouraged to pursue advanced degrees and professional certifications? Do you hope to work for an organization that believes its people are the heart of its success rather than just a number or a stream of revenue? If yes, then please apply to this position to be considered for future business opportunities with SRC, Inc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Assist the project team with developing and maintaining system security plans (SSP) and related security documentation
- Understanding and implementing security requirements for systems with protection levels of 1-5, and ensure the successful completion of the certification and accreditation process
- Ensure that information systems securely operate according to the security controls documented in the SSP once systems are approved for the production environment
- Examples for ensuring proper operational security are as follows: assist administrators with operational security compliance in accordance with DCID 6/3, ICD 503 and NIST 800-53
- Review of system audit logs
- Review administrator actions and adherence to security policies and regulations
- Review account activity for administrators, privileged users and general users
- Respond to security incidents and events
- Review and approve proposed changes to system baseline configurations
- Enforce standard configuration management practices
- Perform updates to the SSP and related security documentation
- Work closely with the component information system security manager through regular briefings, meetings and discussions in regard to information security
- Bachelor's degree in communications, computer science, engineering or information assurance and two or more years of experience, or applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge and experience with DCID 6/3, ICD 503, NIST SP 800-53, and other intelligence community standards relating to information security
- Knowledge and experience with server/client technologies, OSI model and the TCP/IP model
- Experience with security vulnerability assessment tools (e.g., Nessus, WASSP, SECSCAN) and network scanning tools (e.g., Nessus, Nmap)
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows Domains, Active Directory, DNS and GPO's
- Knowledge and experience with the certification and accreditation process.
An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current investigation are required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in our employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Engineer, Information Systems, Database, Computer Science, Security Clearance, Engineering, Technology, Government